I put distance between us..hoping it'd come between us... it did..
please forgive me. I choose not to get
attached, I don't think I can take being
again. Please understand you were my
lung.. I stopped breathing when you left
... the first time was bearable, the second
time was a bit too much to handle. Yes,
it's in the past.. BUT I'm still broken,
tenaciously holding the shattered pieces
close. The days are easy to make it,
it's the nights that seem impossible.....
Since you left I haven't slept a full night
through. In vain, I'm anticipating your
heart changing it's mind and guiding us
back to being in love. I don't know why or how you got to me...
It's nothing new.. they always leave.."long term boyfriend"
is a phrase foreign to me.. hoping it'd be better every time
but stupidly taking the same actions there for birthing
the same results.. time and time again. The past is STUCK ..
fixed.. unchangeable.. there's no altering or erasing .. you want
no part of me in the future, so what's left for me to do? time heals
all things but it cannot erase the regrets or the scars that the memories have left...
but stupidly taking the same actions there for birthing
the same results.. time and time again. The past is STUCK ..
fixed.. unchangeable.. there's no altering or erasing .. you want
no part of me in the future, so what's left for me to do? time heals
all things but it cannot erase the regrets or the scars that the memories have left...
No comments:
Post a Comment